Do you want a plants that required little or no pruning and lower light tolerance, so you could easily manage nutrient dosing, even while you are away.
Crypt’s are low light tolerant, slow growing and with many varieties available, would provide ideal foreground, midground and background interest with pleasing blends of colors, forms and textures.
Crypt’s are really easy to keep.
This Crypt is 1 of the hardy species and GREAT for BEGINNERS
This Crypt is one of the species that breeders are able to produce stunning variations from and this variety is not a disappointment.
This Crypt can tolerate a lot of variation in water quality, lighting, flow and nutrients. But CONSISTENCY is very important, so don’t make big changes very fast. DRASTIC Changes could lead to melting of the leaves and sometimes of the whole plant. So take your time when you plan changes and do it slow, all your aquarium inhabitants will appreciate it.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot AND remove the cotton surrounding the roots, then plant your plant into the substrate.
- LEAF melting initially, is normal when you plant them, new adjusted leaves will soon form. Be patient. As long as your roots are healthy you are OK.
- Hardy species can be planted in inert soil like cilice sand but then experts say, you need to add some root tablets for the best growth.
- In an experiment (starting 2011) they took Cryptocoryne wendtii and planted it in a low light, low flow, low bio mass aquarium without root tabs or extra plant food. they left them there and only fed the fish. Today 2021 these crypt’s are still in that aquarium and still ok, but they never thrived. This was just to see what the minimum survival possibility was and they found out that these Crypt’s are very hardy. Now they are not saying all Crypt’s would have survived but they can say most Crypt’s need you to make massive mistakes to kill them.